3 lb Lamb shoulder, on the bone
2 Tbsp Lemon juice, freshly squeezed
1 tsp Chilli flakes
1 tsp Ground coriander
1 tsp Ground ginger
1/2 tsp Pepper, freshly ground
2 sml Garlic clove, peeled and crushed
8 oz Dried spaghetti pasta
½ lb Portobello mushrooms, rinsed, trimmed and sliced
½ lb Shitake mushrooms, rinsed, trimmed and sliced
½ lb Button mushrooms, rinsed and trimmed
2 tbsp Butter or Irish Butter
1 tbsp Garlic, finely minced
½ sml Onion, peeled and finely chopped
1/3 cup Vegetable stock
1 ½ cup Thick Organic Greek yogurt, (natural)
2 ¼ tbsp Rice wine vinegar
1 tsp Garlic, finely minced
2 ½ tbsp Olive oil, light tasting
3 tbsp Parsley, finely chopped
3 tbsp Basil, finely chopped
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Prepare the lamb the day before if possible. Combine the lemon juice, chili flakes, ground coriander, ground ginger, pepper and the crushed garlic in a small bowl. Rub this marinade all over the lamb, place in a roasting tin and cover with clingfilm or saran wrap and chill in the fridge overnight.
- The day before you can also prepare your tzatziki sauce. Simply combine all sauce ingredients together in a glass bowl and mix well. Store in an airtight container with a secure lid. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- The next day, preheat the oven to 400F. Remove the lamb from the fridge 30 minutes before you want to start cooking and bring to room temperature.
- Place the lamb in the roasting tray in the oven and roast for 1 hour 30 minutes. Remove from oven, cover with foil and set aside to rest.
- After 30 minutes of resting and time has passed, you can now move on to preparing the pasta and mushrooms. At this stage, keep your lamb covered and continue to rest.
- Cook the pasta to packet directions until al dente. Meanwhile, continue with the remainder of the dish.
- Wipe and rinse the mushrooms to remove any dirt. Trim and discard the stems of the portobello and shiitake. Slice all mushrooms into thin slices.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the mushrooms, garlic, and onion. Simmer, constantly stirring for 15 minutes. Add the vegetable stock and increase the heat to medium-high. Cook for 2 minutes on high then reduce heat to a simmer and cook until liquid reduces.
- Remove from the heat and keep warm until pasta is done.
- Return to the cooked and well-rested lamb. Remove the foil and place the lamb on a cutting board. Using a very sharp knife, cut the lamb down either side of the bone, trim all the fat and any sinew and discard. Slice the lamb into very thin slices.
- Drain the cooked pasta and place in a large pasta/serving bowl. Add the cooked mushrooms and your preferred amount of the cooked lamb (use any leftover lamb for another meal). Using tongs, toss together.
- Pour over the Tzatziki sauce and toss again. Serve immediately.
Stay In Touch!