2 3/4 cup All-purpose flour, (plain flour)
2 tsp Sugar
1/4 tsp Sea salt
2 tsp Active dry yeast
1/4 cup Olive oil, light tasting (or extra virgin)
1 cup Very warm water (above room temp.)
2 tbsp Olive oil
4 tbsp Organic Fire Roasted Tomato paste
Sea salt, to taste
1 tbsp Olive oil
1 Organic Green bell pepper, seeded and sliced into strips
1 Organic Red bell pepper, seeded and sliced into strips
1 sml Organic Red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
1 sml Organic Eggplant, thinly sliced
¼ cup Organic Sliced black olives
3 tbsp Organic Basil leaves, torn
- Add 1 cup of the flour, the sugar, salt and yeast into a large mixing bowl. Add 1/4 cup oil and the warm water.
- Using a kitchen mixer (preferably with a dough hook), mix together on medium speed for 3 minutes, scraping sides of the bowl down occasionally. While mixing, add in enough remaining flour until dough is soft and leaves side the of bowl.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 5 to 10 minutes or until dough is smooth and elastic.
- Place in a greased bowl, cover with a clean kitchen towel and let rise in warm place 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until doubled in size.
- Heat oven to 425 degrees and lightly grease 2 cookie sheets and set aside.
- Punch down the dough and divide in half. Shape each half into a flattened 12-inch round on the cookie sheet. Cover each base with a clean kitchen towel and let rise in a warm place for 20 minutes.
- Prick centers and 1 inch in from edge thoroughly with a fork. Brush each base with the oil and then with the tomato paste. Sprinkle over a little salt and bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, prepare your toppings. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium to high heat. Add the bell pepper, onion, and eggplant and cook until softened. If you wish you could also chargrill your vegetables for a more intense flavor.
- Once flatbreads are cooked, arrange the cooked vegetables on top of both flatbreads and sprinkle with sliced olives and fresh basil leaves.
- Slice and serve immediately.
Please leave a comment below, and if you have any suggestions or a recipe you would like to see, do let us know. Cheers!
Stay In Touch With Us!